1.11.11

Seven years long

D'you know how Anne Boleyn waited for seven years so that Henry VIII could finally wed her? She ended up decapitated, by his order, after only about two years of marriage.
Well, she's pretty much like me.
Nah, I'm not dead nor in a relationship, but I do have waited for my guy as long.
Seven years, most of my friends consider it as a world record or something.

This makes them wonder, how great is the guy anyway? Is he like, totally hot and all that?
Errr, no he isn't. But I really do love him, I know that for sure.
For his privacy's sake, I'd love to call him Pilgrim. Currently, he's studying abroad (totally smart enough to gain a full scholarship) and I love to refer to him being on a pilgrimage.
No, he's not studying in Jerusalem.
It's just... lately he figured out his life purpose, and it has something to do with God. That leads me to imagine him as a pilgrim in a pilgrimage. Haha.

I've been (very) interested in Pilgrim ever since I met him in 5th grade. Funny thing is, we've been in the same school ever since 1st grade, but I never really, you know, 'see' him. Then bam! He entered the room and my heart pounds, as phony as it sounds. That's the beginning of my attraction.

Lucky enough, we were reunited in 6th grade, and I realized that the attraction grew even stronger, as illogical as it was.
I mean, I've mentioned that he's totally smart. And he's taller than I am. However, he's not handsome (at least conventionally) nor popular and such. He's like this guy some people consider weird, geeky, nerdy, whatever. But, gahhh! I really, really, like him. Even the fact that he's a momma's boy NEVER turn me off.
I don't know what's wrong with me!

I have to say that 6th grade was truly a roller coaster ride. I fall in and out of love with him, because he was just too... I don't really know. He used to mess with girls by texting them, pretending to be a girl... I've told you he's weird. Lately he told me that he's very interested in psychology, so maybe it was his research (with an undoubtedly bizzare method). That really maddened me for awhile, and I ended up having a 1-month relationship with a great friend of mine, maybe out of rage.

That being said, I was still unable to get over him. We actually chose the same high school. So I had to go through another three years. I remembered back in 7th grade, the school held this huge competition in which every class were required to send their delegates. Well, he and I HAPPENED to join the very same competition, and HAPPENED to meet each other in the final round. So, there you go, awkward handshake moment. Hahaha.

Another story that I could vividly remembered, I was avoiding him the whole time, and when I was walking home from school, I saw him (his back, actually) in front of me, and I was panicking. I needed to make a quick stop on a shop, and somehow he actually had to make a quick stop on the very same shop. Another awkward moment~

Long story short, I spent my junior high school years dateless and unable to get over Pilgrim (although truth be told, we never shared the same class during this period).
Our correspondence was strictly holiday greetings. And it began after we lost contact for awhile, and he started texting me (I failed to figure out why he's very interested in pranking me) as a close friend of mine. Again, fake ID. But he got busted, I got mad, nonetheless we still text each other happy birthdays and christmases and new years.
Then along came the scholarship test. Being a good student myself, I was offered the same opportunity to get the scholarship. You know the result, though. I stayed and he went. And I thought, we're just not meant to be. Finally I could get over him.

Well, I thought wrong.
My first year without him (year 5) anywhere near was excruciating. I stalked his Facebook account and such, I can't help it. I even managed to figure out his coded phone number... nah, enough said. And everytime he would go back during school vacation to attend my school (and his almamater) festival, I literally ran away. I didn't have the gut to reconnect with him, I figured it was too late and I was on the verge of giving up, although I really could not.
My second year without him, I still was running away every school festival. Although, it didn't really affect my regular basis. I studied very hard and was preoccupied by it, since I chose a major that I was very passionate about, the major put me in the same class as these girls writing here.

And now, I reached the third year without him. After getting some revelations during a school trip, a day before my birthday, I impulsively started a chat upon seeing him online.

The next day, he started a chat with me.
So did the next day, and the next day, and the next day...

The funniest thing was when his VERY LAME internet disconnected, he texted me (note that we're not even living in the same country) with the number I've previously saved during my 1st-year-stalking:D

So yeah, our current relationship is daily correspondence through online chat and occasional text messaging. Most of them are his initiative, and often very random. Still, it amuses me to know that he cares:)

He read my blog and texted me his review. I genuinely think it's sweet.

All this butterflies in the stomach suddenly have the guts to live another day. I can't really describe to you how happy I am.
So the story continues:)

Love, Edge.